Inspirational websites, blogs, Instagram feeds and books with tips on how to spread your wings and live your most authentic, meaningful life. Spread your wings – live!
· “Danielle LaPorte keeps it real on her blog, podcasts and IG. The “Fire Starter” book was the first book I read by her. And just like that – bam 💥! I was hooked! Inspirational without being holier-than-thou, it’s one of my top 5 favorite books of all time. The “Desire Map” book is a personal, clear-cut path to figuring out what matters to you. Her #Truthbomb series on IG is a quick hit of daily motivation, too. Excited to read her latest book soon (“White Hot Truth”). Learn more: http://www.daniellelaporte.com/about/
· Ever considered giving your bucket list a deadline? Well, Danny Dover did just that and his story will inspire even the most determined cynic. Check it out: https://www.lifelisted.com
· Cupcakes, travel, a new book and an irreverent sense of humor. Geraldine (a.k.a. “The Everywhereist”) is the high priestess of living a bad-ass life. Inspiration and humor at: http://www.everywhereist.com
· Travel works for me to feel free and alive. And I do my best thinking at 35,000 feet. Google Flights “explore destinations” map is my crack. I choose my closest airport, look at the world map of airports and click on cities around the globe to get flight pricing. It helps me narrow down what/where I’m MOST interested in going next. WARNING: highly addictive. https://www.google.com/flights/
· https://www.flexjobs.com to find more flexible work. Anyone daydreaming of quitting their 9 to 5 job should check it out. There are other options than the daily rat race (🚫🐀🏁) and this site has a curated, legit list of possibiities.
· Tiny Buddha…come on, just the name will make you smile! Articles and photos to enlighten, entertain and inspire. Their tagline is “simple wisdom for complex lives”. https://tinybuddha.com
· My newest inspiration comes from other people’s stories of life changes at https://possibilityofchange.com/stories/
Please shoot me any of your go-to inspirational spots, I’m open to finding new ones. Happy weekend!
Don’t censor what spills out of your mouth.
What did you ask for? And, sorry, no more wishes (although I appreciate the moxy). Surprised by any? Did you feel excited or terrified? New wishes or the same you’ve been hoping for years?
Trite & gimmicky? Totally. But the answers give an idea of what’s important to you. A glimpse into your dreams. If answers didn’t come easily or excite you., maybe it’s time to shake up the routine. Throw some magic in the mix, let hope back in & see what starts to bubble up.
You gotta have a dream. Or two. Or three. For more help, check out the link for our launch pad questions: http://www.spreadyourwings.live/launch-pad-questions/
May all your wishes come true!
This quote hit home. It’s not about money. It’s about choosing to live a life that feels abundant with friends, incredible experiences & a full, overflowing sense of joy & gratitude. Being miserly with life is limiting & constricted. It’s the difference between closing yourself off with crossed arms or throwing your arms wide in welcome. Try both & see how you feel.
Maybe it’s all the traveling I’ve been doing lately. Possibly it’s my freshly cleaned house. Definitely it’s all the amazing friendship and support I have in my life. And it could be because it’s a spring Sunday.
Whatever the reason, I’m centered, optimistic and inspired. Lucky to be healthy and happy and zipping around this planet. Feeling flush with appreciation for all the good stuff in my world, it’s a fresh season and I love that.
There’s even a strange alchemy happening with “bad stuff”. For example, I missed out on an opportunity I thought I really wanted. Within a couple days, I was startled to realize that not getting it was a relief. It only had short term advantages and could have unnecessarily detoured me from my dearest, most treasured goal. It’s like the universe played 3 card monte with me. Instead of leaving me high & dry, though, it left me with renewed appreciation and focus on what matters most to me. High five for that!
Feeling like I’m at the start of a fantastic new adventure and I’m liking it. Wishing the same for you!
Feeling as happy as this Fortune Cat!